Help me with accuracy! Report errors to Webmaster. Home | Contact Me | Search | FAQ

I've Got Answers ...

I use this page on all of my genealogy sites. If you have questions on how to organize your genealogy site from Madd River Designs, just email me at! I'll be more than happy to help you out!

Below you will find the most frequently asked questions and the answers to them. I hope this will help!

  • Q: I am new to genealogy and would like to know where to get started in your county?
    A: I would suggest that you explore "Resources". In this section you will also find many links to great sites for beginners. Also, just as important, you should post a query on the query board, join the email list and ask questions about your ancestors there. It has been my experience that the more places you ask the question, the better your chances of getting an answer.

  • Q: I am looking for information about Snidely Whiplash.
    A: Unfortunately, if you don't see it on the site then I don't have any information about it. If you want research done in the Indianapolis area, I can do it for a fee.  In fact, if you want to pay my expenses, I'll go to Germany, Scotland, and Ireland to do the research.  Don't ask me to go to Iraq or Afghanistan.

  • Q: I don't see XXX church or cemetery on your list.
    A: If you do not see additional information, no one has sent that information to me to post.

  • Q: Can you send me a marriage license (or birth certificate, death certificate, court document) for my ancestor?
    A: No. In most cases, you will need to check with the county courthouse in order to obtain original documents. You can find contact information in "Addresses".

  • Q: Can you look some information up for me?
    A: If it's not on the site then I don't have the resource. Your best bet would be to ask on the email list. There are many people subscribed and it's possible someone has that resource available.

  • Q: The pictures are so tiny, I can't see them.
    A:  They are "thumbnail" pictures. Click on the picture for a larger view. If you want a large, high-resolution picture, e-mail me and I will copy it to CD and mail it to you.  (Fee charged).

  • Q: How do I submit information to you?
    A: You can type the information in an email to me or attach a document (.doc, .txt) to the email. You can also snail mail the information to me at:
    John Reckel
    75 N 200 W
    Lebanon, IN 46052

  • Q: I would like to have a website of my own, but I don't know the first thing about how to make a web and I don't want to spend a lot of money. How do I get started?
    A:  Send me an e-mail and we'll talk.  I have all the necessary skills and tools and server space.  The time-consuming part is collecting and organizing the information.  If you can do that, I can do the rest.